I wonder how many bugs I’ll find after-the-fact this time, hahaha. Seriously, it is like, a rule, that things will pop up right after it gets released. No matter the fact that I’ve used it every day for weeks and been over every feature a hundred times. Developers just don’t make great testers…
Anyway, I’ve put out a new version, with a bunch of updates.
Here’s the summary:
- Made panning around the image in Preview mode work better
- Added Horizontal and Vertical Flip (in the rotate screen)
- Added “Revert” to previous save
- Made the App always remember the last photo you were working on
- This was my cheap way to make task switching work
- It also made development easier ;)
- Added Levels
- But they only work on the Composite Channel
- And the UI is nothing like any other image editing software… someday.
- Switched “Gritty Contrast” to “Channel Overlay”
- All it really did before was Overlay the Green channel over the image
- Now you can pick between Lightness, Luma, Red, Green and Blue
- Fixed Color Filter
- It was ugly and useless before
- Now it is very much better looking
- Added Solarize
- Added Posterize
- Added Box Blur
- I know the blurs seem weird (why would you want your picture to be more blurry) but they are building blocks for future effects
- Added Frosted Glass
- Not sure why you would use it, but it is fun and took all of about 2 minutes to code
- Added Square Borders
- Selecting the color is lame right now, I need to write a color picker control
- Added Cross-Process
- This is the first in a line of cool Filters that I am working on
- Unfortunately, the others weren’t ready, and I needed to put an update out.
I also did some crazy stuff, like rewrite the entire image processing layer. Whew, it made it way easier to add updates, but took a while. I think it is slightly faster now too.
I also think I have one of the fasted Box Blurs around – even if it is totally useless in a phone photo app. It’ll be more useful when I add selections, then you can blur your junk (or face) out before tweeting incriminating photos – I’m looking at you Wiener!
Also, internally, there is a full implementation of Levels (for all channels) and Curves (for all channels). I need to build some cool UI components for them. Curves is used in the Cross-Process filter, and I think I need optimize it a little still.
One last thing, I moved all the text into a resource file, so in the future I can localize for other languages. All the internal code was already globally aware (thanks to years of writing against FX Cop rules).
Current Future Plans (subject to change):
- Add Crop
- Add Rectangle Selections
- I have to make the UI for crop anyway :)
- Add an option for Square Vignettes
- Finish working on some cool vintage looking filters
Let me know if there are requests!